Vanderkloof Tegnologie is the new name for Bertus van der Westhuizen’s well-known irrigation scheduling company previously known as Irricheck. The company has developed into three areas:
- Vanderkloof Tegnolgie is the exclusive agent for Irricheck (Pty) Ltd in the central region of South Africa. Vanderkloof Tegnologie focuses on the following areas:
a. Vanderkloof, where Kambro Swanepoel and Charles Pieterse are servicing as Vanderkloof Tegnologie personnel.
b. Vaalharts, where Johan van Niekerk and Baties (Jakobus Booysen) are servicing as Vanderkloof Tegnologie personnel.
c. The western and southern Orange Free State, serviced by Pieter Celliers as sub-agent.
d. The area from Pofadder, Augrabies, Kakamas, Upington to Groblershoop, serviced by Robert Fair as sub-agent.
e. Prieska is serviced by Jaco van Zyl as sub-agent.
- Bertus is contracted to Irricheck (Pty) Ltd for: a. Training of Irricheck’s consultants. b. Continuous support to the Irricheck consultants. c. Continuous development of the Irricheck Pulse™ software.
- Manufacturing of Scheduling equipment:
Vanderkloof Tegnologie is manufacturing its own range of irrigation scheduling equipment and are constantly developing its own products and product range to suite our client’s needs. For the area outside of the central region, Irricheck is Vanderkloof Tegnologie’s preferred route to market for our irrigation scheduling equipment. Results: Since 1994 the accurate and user friendly irrigation scheduling software, Pulse™, has distinguished itself on hundreds of South African farms to be the most accurate system available. As a result of the significant improvement in the amount of table grapes packed per unit of water used on the Raap-en-Skraap farm, Karsten Boerdery, the Irricheck system was nominated to ICID (International Committee for Irrigation and Drainage) by SANCID (South African National Committee for Irrigation and Drainage) during 2011. The system was awarded with an ICID award for this achievement. During 2012 the system was awarded by The Department of Water Affairs for the saving of water
- The Irricheck Irrigation Scheduling System consists of:
1. The well-known, proven, and user friendly web-based Irricheck Pulse™ software for desktop and mobile application. The software integrates all elements of the soil-crop-climate system as well as the weather forecast, to simulate the irrigation recommendation for the week ahead.
2. Our Technical personnel install and continually maintain all equipment to ensure real time data.
3. Our Consultants regularly checks and refines all data to ensure accurate recommendations.
Vanderkloof Tegnologie’s range of irrigation scheduling equipment includes:
a. Irricom GPRS communicators,
b. Continuous logging soil moisture probes,
c. Automatic rain gauges for rain and irrigation,
d. Automatic drip irrigation gauges or drip irrigation gauges,
e. Automatic weather stations for hourly measurements of rain, temperature, humidity and wind speed,
f. Water level sensors
g. Soil augers
By implementing Vanderkloof Tegnologie’s system you can surely expect improved yields with less water.